August 27, 2012
Almost everyone knows about YouTube, it’s the place where you can search pretty much anything and find a video on the subject you are searching. What if someone searches on YouTube for something you do? Here are a few tips to get your video viral on YouTube:
- There is no need to hire a professional that will just use more time and money. Instead, make a good quality homemade video.
- Your video should be no longer than 2 minutes.
- Make your video description specific and clear.
- Try a series. This will get people coming back for more.
- Make sure bloggers know about your video. Post those on your social networks like facebook and twitter.
The world is rapidly excelling on the World Wide Web; so, make sure that you do not fall behind with the times. All you need to do is make an account with YouTube, shoot a video, and tell people about it. Remember, adding some kind of humor will always bring more attention to your video.
August 23, 2012
Almost every animal welfare organization gets random donations, but how do you keep the donors interested in becoming a VIP supporter? Easy, you build a relationship with them. By building a relationship the donors begin to trust you and like what you are doing with the organization. They also get an up close and personal view of your animal welfare organization. This all may sound great but how do you get your donors to actually meet with you?
When working with animals, it may come a little easier, consider calling the donor and inviting them to get a tour of the organization and see the animals. If they have children, even better, invite them along too, it’s like a mini fieldtrip from them to learn more about animals. Another way to meet with a donor is to be part of an event or host an event. This will bring more people to your organization and it will give you a chance to interact with them and bring them back to build a relationship. More and more people are seeing the need to buckle down on the amount of money they give away. Remember to keep things light, show interest in their lives, and don’t be pushy.
August 20, 2012
It’s coming up on the time that children dread, but most parents look forward to, the beginning of the school year. To stay ahead of the rush of the beginning of the school year here are some tips to help you out:
- Tackle the school list as soon as you get the list & don’t forget those coupons!
- Exercise your children’s brain by doing puzzles, word searches, etc. This is something that they find fun that will help with the transition of going back to school.
- Have your children start the school sleep schedule a week early so that it is not so alarming them the first day of school.
- Look at the school schedule and mark days off or parent-teacher conferences on your calendar
- Make a school day schedule with your child.
Hopefully these tips will make for a smooth transition from the late-nights and video games of summer to the homework and football games of the school year.
August 13, 2012
These days almost everyone uses social media in some ways, (including Animal Welfare Organizations!) so that means it is a better place to advertise your organization rather than on billboards or posters. One of the newest social media websites that is as popular as facebook is twitter. Here are a few tips to get your organization on twitter:
- Make a twitter account. Just follow the steps when signing up.
- Post pictures of your organization or things your organization does, a visual aid almost always catches the attention of fellow tweeters.
- Post “tweets” about special events your organization is hosting, going to, or things you stand for.
- Get your audience involved in a conversation. Remember who you’re talking to and start a conversation that they will respond to.
- Fill out your entire profile so that when people search in twitter, there will be more key words to find you.
With these useful tips, you should be on your way to tweeting in no time. Remember it is free advertising, so why wouldn’t you use it?
August 13, 2012
There are many resources out there to collect donations for your Animal Welfare Organization so that you don’t have to do it the “old fashioned” way, by check or cash. Now with the web expanding and all of the gadgets available at your fingertips, your animal shelter or rescue can be receiving donations but just a click of a button, and if you are hosting a fundraiser, forget about all the numbers because there are resources that will do it for you. Here are some e-resources that can help you; it’s as easy as 1-2-3:
- Donor Perfect Fundraising Software – This is a download where you are able to organize all your donor information into one database to track supporters, track gifts, send thank you notes, etc.
- GuideStar Development training on your desktop – This is a resource that will help your donations grow by learning the foundations.
- PayPal – PayPal is a great way to receive donations because of its ease of use. All you need to do is sign up and create a donation button and then put that on your website.
One of these options may help make the process of collecting donations for your animal shelter or organization simpler and less stressful. Less time and stress gives you more time to spend with the animals that need your love and care. For a more detailed look, visit these companies’ websites so you can make a well-informed choice.
August 6, 2012
Who doesn’t love free? That is exactly what this blog is on today, free advertising. Facebook has helped us make friends, share photos, and chat but it is also a great place for advertising. Here are five tips to get your organization on facebook:
- First set up a facebook page for your organization by going to facebook.com and following the steps to start your account.
- Next you will need to go and edit your about me section so that your followers will be able to know what you are all about and if you have a website make that known under the “websites” tab in the about me section.
- Add photos of your organization or events that your organization held. People love visuals.
- Post on your “wall” about upcoming events, things that you have done for your community, etc.
- Respond to comments that other people leave on your wall.
What’s there to lose if it’s free? This is a great way to advertise and since over 800 million people are active users on this sight.